fredag 18 september 2009

Study break now

In many countries serier and movies in television is dubbed. That is not the case in Sweden. Swedish people are often surprised as to common this is though abroad. Last Sunday they showed a Swedish movie on tv4. This was a movie based on a Swedish book, but it was a Swedish-German production. So the German actors in the movie was dubbed. This cause a major "riot" amongst viewers in Sweden. Tv4 later held an extra "thing" on the news in the morning to justify and explaining the situation.

It was not just that people didn't like it dubbed. People actually emailed and called the channel because they thought that their television had broken or that there was something wrong with the broadcastning of the movie. This was to me very intressting, because it shows that to have something dubbed in television is so rare, or even non-existing, that people in Sweden doesn't even get what it is. People didnt understand what was wrong when the lips of a character didnt move according to the thing just said. Haha.... funny....

(By the way, I think it was the movie that I saw in Toulouse with some of you library girls Martina and Anne.)

This weekend I am STUDYING!!! ALL WEEKEND! Got a MAJOR assignment to be done by Thursday. So all weekend will be me, injecting caffeine in form of espressos... But its fun also. One thing that Im doing right now is to learn as much as possible about the history of South Africa. Very intressting! I have said it before, I will say it again. If you haven't read the autobiography of Nelson Mandela now is the time to do so.

So fascinating how people seripusly could be so incredible stupid. Just read all the laws of The Native Land Act, that basically said that only white people could own or rent any land in South Africa.

Thinking of some stupidity of previous generations makes me wonder what I am thinking now or doing that is gonna make people think of me as stupid in a century or so.... a guess is probably something with todays materialism or environment perspective (or lack of it).

Tonight I am going to Liseberg to see Håkan Hellström, a Swedish singer from Gothenburg. I am pretty sure I "forced" some Erasmus in Grenoble to listen to him, so those of you who are reading this, probably have listened to him, even if you didnt want to.

Gotta study more now if Im gonna make it!

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Hahaha! Jag har inte fattat att det var dubbat! Har inte kunnat se på serien för att ljudet var så knäppt! Nu vet jag... totalt missat detta! Kram på dig, Moa